Website is being updated
TYPE OF PRACTICES
All practice types follow the framework of Inner-balance Cycle, meaning that both release and restoration will be experienced regardless which class type is chosen.
As students journey through The Practice, the capacity to complete biological stress responses increases.
The active movement phase includes HIIT- and cardio-inspired exercises, hopping and jumping around, free movement and vocal release (optional).
The restorative phase includes yin yoga and gentle breathing.
We move through the experience, the embodied way, which enhances body awareness.
We use movement, breath and yin yoga shapes as a tools. However, The Practice at its core is a reflection and an exploration of:
• Understanding our inner world, so that we can better connect to the outer world.
• Developing our ability to feel (rather than think).
• Recognising our unique relationship to change.
• Working with challenge in a supportive way rather than in a punishing way.
• The willingness to commit to ourself even if life doens’t unfold as smoothly as we’d like it to.
• The capacity to stay present in our body (even when turbulence presents itself).
• Fostering comfort in discomfort.
• Feeling free and alive within ourself.
• Opening up to how things are moment-to-moment.
• Letting go of the need to grasp and control outcomes of life.
• Our unique relationship to change
• The willingness to commit to ourself even if life doens’t unfold as smoothly as we’d like it to
• The capacity to stay present in the body even when turbulence hits
• Finding comfort in discomfort
• Feeling free and alive within ourself
• Opening to how things are moment-to-moment
• Recognising our habitual reactions whenever the nervous system gets triggered and willingly stepping out of them
• Becoming comfortable with vulnerability
• Becoming proficient at life
1-To be in the now/ sharpening the mind
2- the felt-sense, connect to our living body/ connect with internal world so we can better connect with the outer world.
3- Equanimity: being ok with not being ok/ foster comfort in discomport/ no more cravings and aversions.
4- practice feeling all the feelings, which come and go (law of impermanence)
5- awareness of habit patterns of the mind/nervous system
6- Love the essence of what we are, profoundly
THE PRACTICE RESTORE
Quickstart with a short yet intensive movement practice followed by an extended restorative phase (respectively 20%/80%).
Suitable for those in need of slowing down and fostering ease, clarity and relaxation.
BREATH x RESTORE
An experience into body, mind and heart balance. Shake off the day, regulate your nervous system through breathing exercises and ease into an extensive restorative phase.
Suitable for those in need of expanding the mind and opening the heart.
THE PRACTICE SIGNATURE
A full-body experience into balance. Release tension with an active start the first half of the practice and lean into stillness the second half (respectively 50%/50%).
Suitable for those in need to shake things off, repose and self-soothe.
THE PRACTICE INTENSIVE
A mindful workout facilitating emotional purification and stress release, to then slip into a short and sweet restorative ending to ceal the practice (respectively 80%/20%).
Suitable for those in need of emotional (stress) release, mental clearing and psychological relief.
All classes are in-person and led by me personally. Be aware that at the moment I’m only offering The Practice RESTORE and BREATH x RESTORE classes at Kokopelli. More coming soon.